Perry County Memorial Hospital's (PCMH) Obstetrics Department takes care of you and your new baby in the minutes, hours and days following your precious delivery. We are the ones there for your baby's first bath and their first hug—and we couldn't be happier!
The PCMH Obstetrics Department is dedicated to providing personal care to each woman we serve. We provide childbirth classes and delivery services that ensure a comfortable and safe delivery. Our passionate, experienced nursing staff provides the education and support you need so you feel comfortable when it's time to take your new baby home. You can feel safe, too, while staying at PCMH, because we are equipped with an advanced infant security alarm system—the security of your babies is our top priority.
Our team of skilled and compassionate doctors will care for you every step of the way during your pregnancy. Our physicians have monthly meetings to discuss patient cases, so all the delivering physicians are familiar with your case.
During your stay, you can expect one-on-one education with our nurses to include baby bathing, feeding and car seat reviews, just to name a few.
We are ready to care for you with:
- Two labor and delivery suites.
- Patient rooms with private baths and sleep accommodations for your birthing partner. Family and friends are welcome to be with you and your baby as much as everyone desires.
- Epidural anesthesia provided by highly experienced certified registered nurse anesthetists.
- A state-of-the-art fetal monitoring system and an ultrasound machine.
- A fully staffed newborn nursery. The nursery is equipped to handle the care of newborns requiring special needs, such as jaundice, infection, dehydration, unstable blood sugars and feeding difficulties.
We want to care for you. Our highly skilled and qualified staff has delivered more than 16,870 babies since we opened in 1951. Not only is our staff knowledgeable, but they are compassionate. While in our care, you will see that every single delivery is special to us.
Breastfeeding Support Services
It is our mission to provide support and resources for all breastfeeding moms. At PCMH, we offer support and resources through our very own certified breastfeeding specialist. Bethany Rhodes, MA, CCC-SLP, has completed 90 hours of lactation education. Plus she has personal experience nursing her very own children. Rhodes is dedicated to helping new and experienced mothers with prenatal education, daily support at the hospital following delivery, and continued support after baby and mom go home. Rhodes is also a speech language pathologist with over 10 years' experience, specializing in feeding and swallowing with patients from birth to geriatrics.
Lactation Services You Can Expect to Receive
- Support and guidance throughout your individual breastfeeding journey, which includes lactation support during your hospital stay and following your arrival home.
- Aid for mothers who may experience pain or who are concerned with low milk supply.
- Assessments for infants with difficulty latching, which may lead to poor weight gain.