Laboratory testing at Perry County Memorial Hospital plays a key role in the detection, diagnosis and treatment of pediatric, adult and prenatal conditions. With state-of-the-art laboratory services, facilities and technologies, the lab supports and guides quality patient care. Some of the tests provided include:
- Chemistry: Basic and comprehensive metabolic panels, lipid and triglycerides, electrolytes, glucose, hemoglobin A1C, liver function panel, iron panel, amylase, uric acid and many others.
- Immunology: H. pylori, HIV, mono, vitamin D, vitamin B12, thyroid panels, PSA, total hCG and other hormones.
- Molecular: Influenza A/B, RSV, C. difficile, MRSA screen, group A streptococcus, GI panel, respiratory panel and blood culture ID.
- Hematology: Complete blood count (CBC), sedimentation rate (ESR), hemoglobin and hematocrit (H and H) and platelet counts.
- Coagulation: Protime with INR (PT), D-Dimer and PTT.
- Urine: Urinalysis (UA), urine protein, urine cultures and urine drug screens.
- Blood bank: Blood type, antibody screen and blood brossmatch for transfusions.
- Microbiology: Cultures, including organism identification and antibiotic susceptibilities for all sample types.
- Pathology: Diagnostic tissue biopsy results, histology and cytology.
The laboratory provides services for people of all ages. However, all lab tests must be ordered by a physician or an affiliated nurse practitioner.
For more information, read some laboratory test FAQs.