For those confined to the home setting, Perry County Memorial Hospital (PCMH) Home Health can provide excellent, cost-effective, high-quality care and support services. These services are rehabilitative in nature and are designed to return a patient to their maximum level of health and function. Home Health services are frequently ordered by a patient's physician after an illness or surgery, but are also very instrumental in teaching patients and their families how to manage new disease diagnoses or changes in medication regimens. PCMH Home Health provides these services utilizing caring, highly skilled nurses, therapists, aides and other professionals.
Some of the rehabilitative services available in your home through PCMH Home Health include:
Home Health Aide
- Assistance with bathing and personal hygiene.
Medical Social Work
- Addresses environmental, social and psychological needs.
- IV care.
- Wound care.
- Diabetes education.
- Medication education and management.
- Ostomy, catheter care and education.
- Disease process management and education.
- Sensory/perceptual motor skills.
- Cognitive status/comprehension.
- Gross and fine motor coordination.
- Strength building.
- Gait training.
- Balance and flexibility regimens.
- Improving swallowing.
- Verbal expression.
- Reading, writing, auditory comprehension and cognition.