Respiratory Care Department
Perry County Memorial Hospital (PCMH) offers a full range of respiratory therapy services.
Working under the supervision of physicians, our respiratory therapists:
- Evaluate, diagnose and treat lung disorders, such as chronic emphysema.
- Help plan, integrate, teach, evaluate and manage acute and chronic breathing disorders through the use of respirators or the administration of medication in aerosol form.
- Administer oxygen.
- Manage mechanical ventilators.
- Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation to heart attack and stroke victims.
- Administer drugs to the lungs.
- Monitor cardiopulmonary systems.
- Measure lung function.
Respiratory therapy is available at PCMH 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including all holidays.
Better Breathers Club
An additional service provided by Perry County Memorial Hospital's Respiratory Care Department is the Better Breathers Club.
The club is a free support group created to assist patients and families who are dealing with breathing problems. The program focuses on education, encouragement and caregiver involvement. Meetings are held every three months (usually in March, June, September and December) on Tuesdays from 10 a.m. to noon at Perry County Memorial Hospital in Education Center A.
PCMH Respiratory Care Department or the Better Breathers Club
Back to top »
Learn more about lungs »