Obstetrics is the medical specialty dealing with the care of women and their babies during pregnancy, childbirth and the period shortly after childbirth.
Perry County Memorial Hospital's Obstetrics Department is recognized by many in the community for its dedication to personal care. We provide delivery services that help ensure a comfortable and safe delivery. Our passionate, experienced nursing staff provides teaching and support for both moms and babies; working to make you comfortable when taking the newest member of your family home.
Our Obstetrical Unit is Equipped With:
- Two labor and delivery suites
- Patient rooms with private baths and sleep accommodations for the mother's birthing partner. Family and friends are welcome to be with the new mother and baby as much as everyone desires.
- Epidural anesthesia provided by highly experienced certified registered nurse anesthetists.
- A state-of-the-art fetal monitoring system and an ultrasound machine.
- A fully staffed newborn nursery. The nursery is equipped to handle care of newborns requiring special needs, such as jaundice, infection, dehydration, unstable blood sugars and feeding difficulties.
- An advanced infant security alarm system. Security of our babies is a top priority.
The obstetrics staff also provides a number of educational opportunities for families who wish to deliver at Perry County Memorial Hospital, including:
- Tours of our facility.
- Help finding a local delivering physician.
- Childbirth classes.
- Individualized instruction after delivery.
- One-on-one sibling education during your visit.
Call us for more information or to schedule a tour of our facility.
573-547-2530 ext. 3274
Back to top »
Learn more about pregnancy »