Perry County Memorial Hospital's Obstetrics Department takes care of you and your new baby in the minutes, hours, and days following your precious delivery. We are the ones there for your baby's first bath and their first hug–and we couldn't be happier!
The PCMH Obstetrics Department is dedicated to providing personal care to each woman we serve. We provide childbirth classes and delivery services that ensure a comfortable and safe delivery. Our passionate, experienced nursing staff provides the education and support you need so you feel comfortable when it's time to take your new baby home. You can feel safe too while staying at Perry County Memorial Hospital because we are equipped with an advanced infant security alarm system, because the security of your babies (and ours!) is a top priority.
Our team of skilled and compassionate doctors will care for you every step of the way during your pregnancy. We are able to manage high risk pregnancies and are rewarded with each precious baby that is delivered. Our physicians have monthly meetings to discuss patient cases, so all the delivering physicians are familiar with your case.
During your stay you can expect one-on-one time with our staff as well, including education from our nurses, a community welcome package, and one-on-one sibling education for big brothers and big sisters. Before you leave, we'll treat you to a steak dinner complete with wine and baby's very first "birthday" cake.
We are ready to care for you with:
- Two labor and delivery suites.
- Patient rooms with private baths and sleep accommodations for your birthing partner. Family and friends are welcome to be with you and your baby as much as everyone desires.
- Epidural anesthesia provided by highly experienced certified registered nurse anesthetists.
- A state-of-the-art fetal monitoring system and an ultrasound machine.
- A fully staffed newborn nursery. The nursery is equipped to handle the care of newborns requiring special needs, such as jaundice, infection, dehydration, unstable blood sugars and feeding difficulties.
We want to care for you. More than 16,600 babies have been delivered at PCMH since 1951. Choose Perry County Memorial Hospital to care for you and you will see that "every single delivery is special."
Call us for more information or to schedule a tour of our facility.
573-547-2530 ext. 3274
Back to top »
Learn more about pregnancy »